Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh My, did you ever think that we could fit one more thing in our little living space. For those of you who don't know we are living at my dad's house until we can get our house built. We have a small space to fit five people in but are so greatfull for a place to stay. We sold our house and moved in with dad so we could get going on a new house. I really wanted to put up a tree down stairs for us to enjoy and I will still decorate one for dad. My kids helped and loved it very much.
While in Montana My sister inlaw gave me a really fun Idea for my kids to enjoy minding better. Not that they didn't mind we are just working on the little wine that goes with it like, oh mom or can I do it later type of stuff and I'm sure all of you know what I am talking about. Well here is how it works for everything you ask them to do they get a ticket but it has to be with out complaint. If they do this they can collect 15 tickets and then they get a prize out of the Treasure Box!! Last night they helped me put the tree up and they each had one more ticket to go and I asked them to hand me things and they did and were rewarded one ticket and then drew out of the treasure box. It was so fun. My treasure box was not expensive I went to the dollar store and got some really fun little toys and some candy. I showed them everything that was in it so they could dream about what they want. Carter of course picked out a gun set and Casia picked out a High School Musical cloth that was signed my the leading cast members. The cloth was packed really small and it said to put it in warm water and watch it grow so she did that and watched it grow and when she pulled it out she was a little confused but very excited about what it was. She grabbed it out and said, "my very own rag." I don't think that I have ever witnessed someone so excited over a Rag, but this is working and they are having a ball!!

4 comments:

nina said...

I didn't know that you were living with your dad. But that's awesome that you guys can do that while your building a house. What a perfect situation!

Becca said...

What a beautiful tree! (I love how it is shadowed). I'm so glad the ticket thing is working out. The rag story is hilarious! Is she using it as a rag?

Anonymous said...

I love your tree! I'll have to remember the ticket trick-- I'm sure that if Grace is anything like me we'll be needing lots of them!

Cherish said...

that is a good idea with the treasure box. YOur tree is pretty.
When will your house be finished?