Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Almost finished!!

Well, finally a moment to sit down. We are close to being finished with the house first of all. What a relief it will be to have all done. I wanted to share a few pictures of the things that are almost finished and will need the finishing touches. Counter tops will be here some day this week and carpet next Tuesday. AHHH so much to do so little time. Its coming along though.
Some of the tile work that Damon did, and I got to finish it off with the grout. I have never grouted before so I was a little nervous. The wood we used for the cabinets is called knotty maple and mixed with a little white chocolate. The fire place will sit on the hearth.
It is amazing to see what a little trim and window seals can do. It gives your house a huge face lift.
Then finally a picture with the rock work on the outside.
Hopefully a couple more weeks and we can close and then move in. It has been a process. If you consider building consider buying first. It is just way to stressful-- But I guess worth it. I have to see how it feels when we move in. :)
Carter turned 5 on the 17th and he was way excited to be this old. He said "I am 5 now and then I will be 6 that will be neat." Already looking forward to next year. He is such a character and he always keeps us on our toes. He is full of energy and loves to look after his little sister. He talks baby talk to her and some how they can communicate with each other better than I can communicate with Cavry. He has a lot of love to give and is a good boy (except when he is in need a nap) and we wouldn't have him any other way. We love you Carter!!

5 comments:

nina said...

Wow, it's just beautiful, I'm so excited for you guys!

Chelsea Tippetts said...

What a great place!! You'll be glad that everything is exactly how you wanted it, looks like a lot of work though! Congrats on almost being done!

Sylvia said...

Looks Great I bet you cant wait tell it is all done and your all moved in.

Becca said...

Great pictures of the house. It will be so nice to be moved in. I'm excited to see it. Can't believe Carter is 5 he is such a cute boy. I love his character. Happy birthday buddy.

Emilee said...

So excited for you guys, good luck with the moving process:)