Monday, November 9, 2009

Ahh.. Halloween!

We had a wonderful Halloween this year. We kicked it off with a fun party for Casia. And I got creative. It was so much fun. It was called a "Spooky Dinner"
She was able to invite 5 friends and including her made a party of six. The girls loved it. We had lots of interesting things to eat and I told them a spooky story. Appetizer: Earth Worms!!( raspberry flavored jigglers) Then I got so involved with serving them that I didn't take any pictures of the rest of the courses. For the Main entree' Mummies (hot dogs rapped in dough and cooked to make them look like mummies) and a side of corn. ( for something healthy). For dessert I made pumpkin cookies, Lady fingers, and of course we had Bat droppings(whoppers) all over the table to snack on. The Girls got a kick out of it and it was a hit. If you enlarge the top picture you can see the Center Piece. I made labels and put the content inside. For example in one of the jars was floating Eyeballs. I put them in oil and put red food coloring in the top and the food coloring didn't separate in the oil so it looked like little blood drops. It was a lot of fun. And the girls got a kick out of their Server: Vivian Trick or Treating went great and the kids had a lot of fun. They got so much Candy and we are all still snacking on them. Casia a Witch Carter a Skeleton Cavry a Ladybug We had so much fun The best part separating and counting the Candy!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Way to go Megan! That looks liked a great party. You look fabulous too. I'm glad it all turned out.

kelli aagard said...

What a fun party! You really do look scary. That candy looks yummy. I think Hunter's candy only lasted a couple days with mom and dad sneaking it.

nina said...

So fun, reminds me of the witch party we had when we were little. Good memories.